Confident and happy people tend to attract more friends, more opportunities and simply put, more of what they want. It seems effortless for them and while there may be some people who are naturally confident a good majority work at building their self esteem and confidence levels daily.
Here's what they do:
- Spend more time with people who lift you up and less time with those who drag you down. You know the people I am talking about. Chances are there are both types in your life. Those who always see the positive side of things and encourage you to keep trying and those naysayers who always see the glass as half empty and make sure to tell you all of the reasons why whatever it is you want in life cannot possibly happen. They are the ones who are always talking about what is wrong, with the country, the weather, their spouse or family or just life in general. You may not be able to avoid these people all together ( maybe you live or work with one) but you can limit your time with them and you can change the subject when they go off on a tangent about what's wrong. If you are one of these people and you recognize it you are taking your first step towards a new you! Seek out people who are always positive and upbeat, join groups of people who are upbeat. Their confident and happy energy will naturally begin to rub off on you!
- Repeat positive affirmations every day. If you aren't used to doing this you might think it sounds silly but I am telling you it really does work to bring your energy up. I usually repeat mine when I go for a walk in nature with the dogs. Sometimes I say them in the shower and sometimes when I am alone in the car. Before I give a talk or present a workshop I always repeat positive affirmations.
- Smile at everyone! The clerk at the grocery store, the lady standing next to you in line and anyone you come in contact with can be lifted up by your smile. When you lift up someone else you will naturally feel better about yourself.
- Exercise It doesn't matter what kind of exercise you choose just move! As you take better care of your body you will feel better about the way you look and feel. I recently started pilates and love the fact that it works on my core muscles. This is your power center so any kind of exercise that is focused on your core will strengthen the energy there and again you will walk away feeling more powerful and strong.
- You may even choose to work with a life coach to help you become confident and happy!